For investors who would like to place a buy order subject to the ongoing markets, Capital One Investing℠ offers the ability to place trades. Orders placed during non-market hours will be entered when the markets next open.
To place a real-time buy order, please follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to Invest > Trade(sign in required).
- For the Action, select Buy.
- Enter the Symbol and Number of Shares you want to trade.
- Select the Order Type (Market or Limit).
- If you selected Limit, enter the Limit Price and select the Order Expiration.
- Select a Funding Source.
- Click Next to review order details.
- Once you have verified your order, click Place Order.
Once you have placed your order, you can check its status by navigating to Trade > Order Status (sign in required).
Note: Funds must be available at the time the order is placed unless you are using Express Funding.
For full commission details, please see our pricing and rates.