To transfer or roll over your qualified retirement plan, such as a 401(k), 403(b), or 457(b), follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to Accounts > Overview > Forms & Applications (sign in required).
- Select your Traditional IRA from the `Switch Account' drop-down menu. Open a Rollover IRA (Traditional IRA) if you don't have one already.
- Click Roll over a Retirement Account into an IRA.
- Select 401(k), 403(b), or 457(b) from the `From Account' drop-down menu and provide all of the information needed for your rollover request.
- Review your rollover information and click Create and Print Form to get your pre-filled form.
What do you do with your pre-filled form?
If rolling over a 401(k):
- Contact your former employer or plan administrator to complete a copy of their Distribution/Rollover form.
- Make sure you provide them a copy of the pre-filled instruction form you printed so they know how to handle your rollover request.
If rolling over a 403(b) or 457(b):
- Add your full Social Security number to the form in the space provided on the form.
- Have the form notarized or Medallion Signature Guaranteed when you sign it.
- Print a copy of your most recent account statement for the `From Account' with the other brokerage.
- Mail or fax the pre-filled form and your account statement using the address or fax number on the form.
Important: Your rollover request will not be processed if you do not provide a recent account statement for the `From Account.' Also, qualified retirement accounts can only be rolled over into a Rollover IRA (Traditional IRA) at Capital One Investing℠.
Note: Some rollovers can go into a Roth IRA. For more details, please contact a Retirement Specialist by calling toll-free 877-464-0292.