What rhymes with zero? How about hero? That's right: Capital One Investing℠ is your hero because we don't charge you anything to roll over a qualified retirement plan.
If that sounds great to you (did we also mention we don't have maintenance fees on our IRAs?), follow these steps to roll over your qualified retirement plan, such as a 401(k), 403(b), or 457(b)
- Go to Accounts > Overview > Forms & Applications (sign in required
- Next to `Roll over a retirement account to a Capital One Investing IRA', click Start now
- Select your Traditional IRA from the `Account' drop-down menu or open a Rollover IRA (Traditional IRA) if you don't have one already
- Select 401(k), 403(b), or 457(b) from the `From Account' drop-down menu and provide all of the information needed for your rollover request.
- Review your rollover information and click Create and Print Form to get your pre-filled form.
What do you do with your pre-filled form?
If rolling over a 401(k):
- Contact your former employer or plan administrator to complete a copy of their Distribution/Rollover form.
- Make sure you provide them a copy of the pre-filled instruction form you printed so they know how to handle your
If rolling over a 403(b) or 457(b):
- Add your full Social Security number in the space provided on the form.
- Have the form notarized or Medallion Signature Guaranteed when you sign it
- Print a copy of your most recent account statement for the `From Account' (your 403(b) or 457(b)
- Mail or fax the pre-filled form, your 403(b) or 457(b) account statement, and any paperwork from your 403(b) or 457(b) plan (if we need to sign anything) using the address or fax number on the form
Important: Your rollover request will not be processed if you do not provide a recent account statement for the `From Account.'
Tip: Generally, qualified retirement accounts can only be rolled over into a Rollover IRA (Traditional IRA). However, certain rollovers can end up in a Roth IRA. For more details, please contact a Retirement Specialist at 877-464-0292.